Reliance Jio Is Offering 1TB of Data for Less Than Rs 250
JioFiber has become one of the most popular fiber broadband service providers in India. In a very short span of time, JioFiber has beaten a ton of internet service providers (ISPs) and gotten ahead of them. The primary reason for this is the ideology the ISP follows. It is worth noting that JioFiber is the broadband arm of Reliance Jio, India’s number one telecom operator currently. For the unaware, Reliance Jio is offering 1TB or 1,000GB of data for less than Rs 250. Let’s look at what this plan really is and what can users expect from it.
Reliance Jio 1TB Data Plan
Reliance Jio’s fiber arm JioFiber offers users 1TB of data for Rs 199 only (exclusive of taxes). The 1TB data is available for the user for 7 days. Users get 100 Mbps speed with the plan and after consuming the fair-usage-policy (FUP) data, the user can resume consuming data at 1 Mbps speed. There is also free voice calling offered with this plan for 7 days. With taxes added, this plan would cost Rs 234.82.
Note that this is a ‘Data Sachet’. A user can purchase this plan after he/she has consumed all the FUP data offered by their plan. Since JioFiber offers 3.3TB of data to the users with almost its every plan, it is highly unlikely that this data sachet would ever be required by a user with average internet needs. Regardless, it is a satisfying offering from JioFiber if ever someone runs out of FUP data and only needs a very small amount of data for a few days.
JioFiber new broadband plans starting at Rs 399, bundles Netflix too
Reliance JioFiber Unlimited Broadband Plans: The low-end plan of Rs 399 will offer download and upload speed of 30 megabit per second (mbps), according to the statement. Reliance Jio has revamped its JioFiber broadband plans to now offer truly unlimited internet, here are the details. As per the new plans, entertainment app Netflix is added to the bouquet of bundled apps for customers subscribing mid-range plans.
After making India the largest and the fastest growing country in mobile connectivity with Jio, JioFiber will propel India into global broadband leadership, thereby providing broadband to over 1,600 cities and towns,” Jio Director Akash Ambani said. “JioFiber Home tariff plans will now offer truly unlimited internet,” the statement said.
The old plans of JioFiber have a limit of data usage per month at promised high speed after which the speed drops to 1 mbps. Jio has announced a free 30-day trial of 150 mbps plans with subscription to 10 over-the-top apps.Reliance Jio has revamped its JioFiber broadband plans in India, which now offer truly unlimited data to consumers. The company states that these plans have been revamped to provide its consumers with extreme affordability during COVID-19, which is when people are depending upon good internet connectivity. These new broadband plans start at Rs 399 per month.
Under the new JioFiber plans, the company is providing its customers with truly unlimited internet, symmetric speed and complimentary subscription to 12 OTT platforms (select plans). There is a one-time refundable fee that you will be required to pay at the time of getting the connection.
Under its new Rs 399 plan, the company is providing its customers with truly unlimited internet with download and upload speeds capped at 30Mbps.
Additionally, it comes with unlimited voice benefits, but no additional OTT platforms are bundled. Under the Rs 699 plan, the company offers unlimited internet access with speeds of 100Mbps. This plan also includes unlimited voice calling benefits and no OTT platforms. The new plans announced for Rs 999 will offer access to 11 OTT apps including Amazon Prime Video, Disney Hotstar, Zee5, Sony Liv and the plan priced at Rs 1,499 will come bundled with Netflix.
Jio Fiber Plans, Pricing, Launch Date
Service starts from next month and plans will start from ₹700.
- Reliance Jio Fiber services will start on 5 September. The base package price is ₹700 and will offer speed of 100Mbps.
- The top package is the price is ₹10,000 with access to broadband, Jio HomeTV and Jio’s IoT
- Offering unlimited US/Canada pack at ₹500 per month
- Jio Forever Plans that will give users an HD or 4k LED television and 4k set-top box for free.
- Speed of the network ranges between 100Mbps and 1Gbps.
Reliance Jio Fiber Services Offered
- New revenue engines: Internet of Things (IoT), home broadband services, enterprise broadband, broadband for SMEs, and expected revenues from these three engines to kick in this financial year.
- Jio Fiber: Lowest plans will start at 100 Mbps and go up to 1 Gbps, will start at Rs 700 and go up to Rs 10,000.
- Jio set-top box: Jio set-top box, will accept signals from local cable operators, and offer HD channels and was planning to rope in local cable operators.
- Voice calling: Voice calls from home to any Indian operator – both mobile and fixed-line — will be absolutely free forever.
- Cloud infrastructure: Announced startup packages to offer cloud and connectivity services for free of cost to startups, which will be launched Jan 1, 2020.
Reliance Jio GigaFiber Broadband Plans & Prices:
Table of Contents
|MONTHLY PLAN RENTAL||399||699||999||1499||2499||3999||8499|
|Truly Unlimited Internet||30 Mbps||100 Mbps||150 Mbps||300 Mbps||500 Mbps||1 Gbps||1 Gbps|
|Unlimited Voice Free Voice anywhere in India||☑||☑||☑||☑||☑||☑||☑|
|OTT Apps Subscription Included||✖||✖||11 Apps worth Rs. 1,000 monthly subscription||12 Apps worth Rs. 1,500 monthly subscription||12 Apps worth Rs. 1,650 monthly subscription||12 Apps worth Rs. 1,650 monthly subscription||12 Apps worth Rs. 1,800 monthly subscription|